Information we collect and how we use it
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide: When you sign up for a Inspector Nexus Account or other Inspector Nexus service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account, including content, with information from other Inspector Nexus services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log Data: When you access Inspector Nexus services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Correspondence: When you send email or other communications to Carbon Inspector, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Location data: Inspector Nexus may offer location-enabled services, such as regional customization of templates and libraries. If you use those services, Carbon Inspector may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Links: Inspector Nexus may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; Protecting the rights or property of Inspector Nexus or our users.
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal and/or confidential information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services as they are made available.
Inspector Nexus processes personal and confidential information on our servers in the United States of America and possibly other countries. In some cases, we may process personal and/or confidential information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal and/or confidential information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal and/or confidential information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Carbon Inspector features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal and/or confidential information to any of our services, in which case Inspector Nexus may not be able to provide those services to you.
Inspector Nexus only shares personal and/or confidential information with other companies or individuals outside of Inspector Nexus in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal and/or confidential information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal and/or confidential information on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Inspector Nexus, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal and/or confidential information to Inspector Nexus employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Inspector Nexus services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Inspector Nexus’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Inspector Nexus and an individual.